Thursday, August 25, 2011

Is There Really Beauty In A Beast ?

This topic hit me in two ways because I was that girl who always dreamed of a prince but I learned it in my mind. In my school you could be with the hot!!!!!!!!!!! “Prince” looking guy who treats you badly or the not so hot but still good looking guy who actually make you feel like you are a princess. I chose the second one after many try’s with the first; and I’m very happy, hopefully forever after. But the second reason it hit me is because it my all-time favorite Disney princess movie. The reason I chose this movie is because it shows that we judge people and have to learn to like the ugly parts too not just the looks. We all look for the “prince” and ignore all the other guys. This shows that in today society and back then we are judge on everything we do. Throughout this movie you see all types of judgments of people like Bell and Gaston. He tries to get Bell because she is different but he doesn’t treat her right. The song “Beauty and the Beast” also show that one change in some one view can make a difference. Bell open up here mind and now her and the beast are together. I chose this as my argument because it shows that we are all judgmental. I believe that my argument is not ethical, because we shouldn’t judge others .We are the same in some ways and different. We should accept others no matter what.  
(Beast w/ Bell image)

(Prince w/Bell image)

5 comments:

  1. I agree with this!! I can testify to the fact that I always look for the cute ones. Even thought they are jerks, something about them just attract lots of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way but I agree with you. People shouldn't be so judgmental but you can't make everyone change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post for several reasons. One its so true. I completely agree with everything you mentioned. How the "Prince" looking guy in school treats the girl horribly and the okay looking guy treats her like a princess. Two, I LOVE Disney movies! :) Three, I also wrote my blog based off of a disney movie. The Lion King and Beaty and the Beast are two of my favorite Disney movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! It could not be said any other way. I cannot think of one friend who doesnt look for the cute "bad" guys, but once they hurt them its when they ask themselves why they always go for the bad ones. Its ironic in a way, you know what your getting yourself into but you still do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 100% agree with you, because many high school students judge people by their looks and in the past I was guilty of that (still is); I'm trying to do better. Looks aren't everything, because that person can be rude, obnoxious, and too into themselves. The guys with the BEST looks are usually the douche bags!!! We all should definitely accept people for who they are; because the ones we usually leave in the "friend zone" turn out to be the BEST ones...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete